Monday, August 2, 2010

A rose by any other name...

She is as beautiful as the day we met. Heart and soul, what a wonderful friend she has been.

This is my friend Karen's "Nothing But Roses", So California home. I spent a great week with her and her beautiful daughter Kathleen as our 35th high school reunion approached last Saturday.

From baseboards to ceilings the roses flow along her gorgeous wallpaper. Everything is delicately placed in it's delicate place. Reminds me of my home in Prescott, AZ. I told her her home would be a "perfect" B and B.


We enjoyed reminiscing over wine and cheese at a local "Concert in the Park" in Old Town Tustin. Can't wait to get back for another visit. Miss her already.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Norine,
How blessed I am to have you as friend.
Thank you for the beautiful kind words about our friendship, my home and your visit.Just know that you, Sam, your children and family are welcome to my home any time.
My life is so much fun with you in it, every special moment.. there you are by myside, no matter how much time goes by, we just pick up where we left off, without missing a beat as if there were no time in between...
Love you Norine,
My dear friend
Love,
Karen
See you next time

Karen said...

Hi Norine,
It was really nice getting to know you this past week. I understand why my mom thinks so highly of you, you're just as full of personality as she discribed. You are sweet and funny and made me feel like one of the adults while you were here. I had lots of fun spending time with you and my mom; you two really seem like good friends. She talks a lot about the two of you in banner squad and it's nice to see the face behind the name.
you are a lovely person and I can't wait to see you again.
much love,
Kathleen.