Friday, July 22, 2016

Chiang Mai Oh My


It's been over a month now since our son, daughter (in law) and our two grand kiddles moved to Chiang Mai, Thailand.
I can't express (I try not to let my tears fall too often) how happy and sad I am about it all.  I miss them tremendously.  

We FaceTime as much as possible within the time difference.  I am usually asleep during their day and they are sleeping during my day.  Ho hum...it's been tough.


They are taking in the sites.  What adventures! Beautiful temples!  Each grand with a new pair of "crocs".


An organic vegetable farm, perfect for Alec!


Even an organic coffee shop! 


Grocery shopping is different.  Packaging is more transparent.  A can of black olives is $6.00 so guess what I will be packing to surprise Adelina!


Ariston and Adelina checking out their new school for the summer.  Ariston's backpack is as big as he is.


Alec and Ariston enjoying "guy time" while Mom and Adelina are at school.


They got a great deal on 1996 Honda Accord which they named Rhonda and even had enough monies left over for Alec's new "hog".
 Christine has started working at her new school.  Adelina is making new friends and Ariston loves his new teacher.
Sam and I just purchased our airline tickets for December.  Looking forward to our month abroad...can't wait!
They are settling in. 
All is good.
"Cookies in Thailand"



No comments: