Tuesday, March 1, 2011
You need to be a sponge to retain all the golfing instructions!
I always thought that in golf you could just walk up to the ball with club in hand and swing...boy, was I wrong.
My first lesson was yesterday morning and have I been enlightened before even swinging the club!
Here is the list:
1. Grip (light grip) on the club with correct finger placement.
2. Stance with feet firmly planted and spaced.
3. Distance of the club from the ball approx a fist length from your belt buckle (or close proximity).
4. Shoulders loose with head down and eyes on the ball.
5. Little seated squat-like position.
6. Knees slightly bent.
7. Elbows firm as you swing the club back. Your hands come downward first allowing the body and arms, as you twist your torso with the swing, do the work instead of your wrists. And as you follow through your chin should touch your left shoulder (if you are right handed) but no further.
Believe it or not, I did very well.
Now I understand while watching a golf tournament why the pros just don't walk up and hit the ball. Alot of thinking first. Hurts the brain, but what fun when you hit the ball perfectly!
Thank you Ryan! See you Monday morning.