Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Whoever said winning isn't everything, never had to fight cancer."

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. This is the month of "pink".



And today we gathered in celebration and in memory of those who have fought and won and who have fought and sadly lost there battle against breast cancer.

Joined by my very good friends, Cindy and her daughter, Mackenzie and my beautiful sister in law Dorothy, we partipated in the Susan G Komen's Race for the Cure 5K Walk in sunny downtown Phoenix, AZ.




Today I walked for my good friend, Angel who lost her difficult fight just this past August.



Pink ribbon shaped balloons let go to the wind.



A sea of "pink" surrounded us. Pink boas, hats, strollers, hair, shoes, shorts...and even underwear!





I was happy to see so many of us all with the same goal in mind. Taking the negativity of cancer to a positive level.

Prayers to you who have survived such a difficult fight and prayers to those of you who have won your place in heaven.



I agree..."Whoever said winning isn't everything, never had to fight cancer."

1 comment:

Gary Hackney said...

That is a very true statement. I will be a 6 yr. Cancer Survivor in August of this year. I had stage 4 Thyroid Cancer.